Community Addictions Team Leader (Lower Hutt)
CareNZ has been helping New Zealanders find recovery from addictions for over 60 years. As an organisation we are committed to offering our clients the very best treatment pathways possible within community settings.
About the Role
Are you looking to move into a leadership role? We are looking for an experienced counsellor/allied health professional to co-ordinate and run our Intensive Outpatient Programme (IOP) and lead a small high performing team in our Lower Hutt Clinic.
You will be confident working in both one-on-one and group settings delivering high quality psycho-education and group therapy. You will be comfortable taking a lead and sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues and students, and still enjoy the challenge of supporting clients to make positive changes in their lives. You will also be accomplished at building and maintaining relationships with community partners.
You will be supported to transition into a leadership role with mentoring and guidance, so get in touch if this sounds like you.
Skills and Experience:
- A current practising certificate with a professional body e.g. DAPAANZ or allied health
- At least three years clinical experience working with clients in AOD and/or Mental Health setting
- Understanding of tikanga Māori and culturally safe working practices
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience in group facilitation or training
- Flexibility, problem solving skills and strong professional boundaries
What we offer:
- Focus on family-friendly employment
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Internal and external (including cultural) supervision
If you would like to join our exceptional team, please send your cv and covering letter to [email protected]
Successful applicants must have a full NZ driving licence, NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit and are required to be police vetted.
Closes: Applications close 30 April 2021.