Cultural Advisor - Arohata Women's Prison, Drug Treatment Programme
Do you want to contribute to the vision of CareNZ - Manaaki Aotearoa striving for “Healthy people, healthy whānau free from the harmful effects of alcohol and other drugs”?
CareNZ is a leader in the provision of services and interventions for people experiencing problems with alcohol and other drugs, with a range of community and prison based services across New Zealand.
The Cultural Advisor will:
• Support and build staff cultural competency
• Support the integration of Mātauranga Māori within the therapeutic community
• Provide training, mentoring and development for DTP personnel
• Support the programme participants to enhance their own cultural identity and mana
• Monitor and maintain the cultural integrity of the cultural concepts, frameworks and competencies used in the programme
• Support reflective practice from a cultural perspective.
The Cultural Support Worker is expected to:
• Be fluent in te reo me ona tikanga Māori
• Have the mana to provide leadership, and engage and influence others to be responsive to Māori
• Have an understanding of therapeutic practices and the ability to weave key concepts and practices with a Māori world view is vital.
• Have knowledge of and commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
• Have an ability to communicate clearly to varied audiences in verbal and written form
• Be able to work independently and unsupervised while maintaining high standards of accountability
• Have effective relationship management across multiple business groups and teams
• Have a passion to support tangata whaiora and their whanau on their journey of recovery/wellness
• Have a professional approach to work with healthy boundaries
We offer a competitive salary, professional registration, professional development and a job that makes a difference to people's lives.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact
Matire Kupenga-Wanoa at [email protected]
• Appointments are subject to your convictions history being obtained and being acceptable to CareNZ. All applicants must have New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residency and a full current New Zealand Driver's Licence to be eligible for this role.
Closes: Applications close: 5.00 pm, Friday 28 May 2020