Manager, CareNZ Manaaki Aotearoa
Do you want to make a difference in your community and enjoy the challenges of team management?
- Are you passionate about helping people to improve their lives?
- Do you have experience working in corrections or social work settings?
- Are you wanting to work for an innovative and caring organisation?
CareNZ-Manaaki Aotearoa are seeking a Manager, to oversee and lead our team of Out of Gate and other service specialists. Care NZ - Manaaki Aotearoa are delivering the OOG service in partnership with Te Waka Whaiora (Wellington) Mana o Te Tangata Trust (Manawatu) and Te Hauora o Wairarapa.
About this role:
This is a permanent position and an exciting opportunity to oversee the CareNZ team, based in Invercargill, Dunedin, Nelson, Wellington,.
This person in this role will primarily lead a team:
- providing reintegration services to short sentenced Men and Women in Prison.
- delivering a new remand programme in Invercargill Prison, Otago Corrections Facility, Rimutaka Prison, Arohata Prison and Manawatu Prison.
You will also be actively engaged with our partner Out of Gate services based in Wellington, Manawatu and Wairarapa
To be successful in this role you will need:
- excellent leadership skills
- the ability to support and develop a team of professionals that will deliver excellent services
- An ability to build, develop and sustain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is essential.
- A high level of financial literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of integrity
The role is based in the Wellington region, however you will be providing cover from the Lower North Island and over much of the South Island, therefore travel will be required.
The person we are looking for will: have experience working in a Corrections/Justice or allied field, a degree in social work or another relevant discipline and have an understanding of the complex issues relating to participants in prison and their whanau. You will have experience and knowledge of strategies that have the outcome of Maori succeeding as Maori. You will be required to gain and maintain Ministry of Justice and prison site clearances.
You must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes five weeks annual leave, 10 days sick leave, birthday leave, professional supervision, professional development, registration costs and a job that makes a difference in people’s lives.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact
Matire Kupenga-Wanoa at [email protected]
Closes: 5.00 pm, Thursday 4th February 2021