Navigator- Out of Gate Dunedin
Do you want to make a difference in your community?
Registered Social Worker – Prisoner Reintegration Service
32 hours per week
- Are you passionate about supporting people to improve their lives?
- Do you have experience working in justice, social work or health settings?
- Are you able to work flexible hours to respond to client needs?
CareNZ has a vacancy available with our Out of Gate Service in Dunedin. Ideally we are seeking a suitably experienced person who can work 32 hours per week to support prisoners returning to the Otago area on their release from prison.
CareNZ is a leader in the provision of services for people experiencing problems with alcohol and other drugs, with a range of services both within the community and prisons. This role is within our Prisoner Reintegration Team and will require you to work closely with the Community Probation Service.
You will be part of our team delivering reintegration services to prisoners serving less than two years. You will work alongside people recently released from prison as they carry out their release plans, you will make referrals, co-ordinate their care and provide support in a range of areas such as accommodation, employment and health.
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- skills in assessment and care coordination
- the ability to build rapport quickly
- a sound understanding of a range of services and support in the community
- a sound understanding of Maori cultural principles and philosophies
- strong professional boundaries
- ability to maintain accurate and up to date client records
- proficiency in Microsoft Office and web based platforms
Ideally you will have a degree in social work and be a registered social worker or be working towards this. Applicants with a Level 7 qualification in another relevant subject may be considered.
In return we offer a competitive remuneration package including five weeks annual leave (prorated) professional development and a job that makes a difference in people’s lives.
If you would like to discuss this role further please do not hesitate to contact Kevin Pearce - Manager Out of Gate. Send Kevin an e-mail [email protected]with your contact details and he will be in touch.
Only applicants presenting evidence of New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residency and a full current New Zealand Drivers’ Licence will be considered. Appointments are subject to a Ministry of Justice report on your convictions history being obtained and your convictions history being and remaining acceptable to CareNZ.
Closes: Applications close: 5pm, Friday 7 December 2018