Peer Support Specialist AOD Counties Manukau
CareNZ is a leader in the provision of services and interventions for people experiencing problems with alcohol and other drugs, with a range of community and prison based services across New Zealand.
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the successful applicant will work with the Senior Peer Support specialist and AOD clinicians within the wider team. Peer Support specialists provide individual, intentional peer support and also deliver the Wellness Recovery Action Planning Group (WRAP). The role involves providing mobile outreach support and individual peer support sessions. The focus is on walking alongside individuals and their whanau as they build recovery and wellness.
To be successful in this role, you will;
- Have lived experience of recovery from alcohol and/ or other drug issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of Peer Support recovery/wellness approaches within AOD services
- Have completed; a personal WRAP plan, Peer Employment training and have or be studying towards a Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing.
- Be computer literate
- Have a good understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and Maori and Pacific worldviews
- Be a team player
- Have a passion to support people and their whanau on their journey of recovery/ wellness
- Have a professional approach to work with healthy boundaries
We offer a competitive salary, professional registration, professional development and a job that makes a difference to people's lives.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact;
Closes: Applications close: 5.00 pm, Friday 1 October 2021