Peer Support Specialist - Otago Corrections Facility, Drug Treatment Unit
CareNZ is a leader in the provision of services and interventions for people experiencing problems with alcohol and other drugs, with a range of community and prison based services across New Zealand.
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the successful applicant will work with the AOD clinicians and aftercare worker within the wider team. You will provide intentional peer support to the tane undertaking the Drug Treatment Programme at Otago Corrections Facility.
To be successful in this role, you will;
- Have lived experience of recovery from alcohol and/ or other drug issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of Peer Support recovery/wellness approaches within AOD services
- Have completed; or be studying towards a Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing.
- Be computer literate
- Have a good understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and Maori and Pasifika worldviews
- Be a team player
- Have a passion to support people and their whanau on their journey of recovery/ wellness
- Have a professional approach to work with healthy boundaries
Please note a criminal conviction will not necessary prevent you from being successful in this role.
We offer a competitive salary, professional registration, professional development and a job that makes a difference to people's lives.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact:
Appointments are subject to your convictions history being obtained and being acceptable to CareNZ. All applicants must have New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residency and a full current New Zealand Driver's Licence to be eligible for this role.
Closes: 5.00 pm, Tuesday 6 October 2020